[Zope] Re: No module named GenericUserFolder

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Aug 28 22:13:45 EDT 2003

Andreas Tille wrote at 2003-8-28 08:02 +0200:
 > On Fri, 15 Aug 2003, Dieter Maurer wrote:
 >
 > > Fine. It may mean however, that you have to live with your problem...
 > While I can cope perfectly with something which is no real problem
 > for me I have to admit that this answer diverges slightly what I observed
 > in the past at this list in special and other Free Software related
 > lists in common.

There is a limit on the amount of support you can expect....

 > I just try to gather information for a reasonable bug report which gives
 > developers as much as possible relevant information.
 >
 > > One of your ZODB objects references "GenericUserFolder" and
 > > you have it not longer installed ...
 > I think I have understand this and in my opinion it is a bug of Zope of
 > the previous existance and later removal of any random product (while I
 > do not realy know if "any random" is correct) leads to a situation that
 > not obviousely related parts of Zope break functionality.

I have told you the fix for this bug in an earlier message.
You did not want to accept it...

I cannot do more for you.

 > Please note: *I* can cope with *this* situation but I feel obliged to other
 > users and developers to not to hide the knowledge.

In fact, this same problem came up already in the mailing
list. The poster then followed my advice and quickly could
use his advanced tab again.

He may have posted a bug report. I am sure, I suggested it to him.
But, probably, you did not check the collector?

 > > You can use a debugger (--> see mailing list archives and HowTos)
 > > to analyse the object causing the exception. You should be able to find its
 > > class (I expect a ZClass) and its "_p_oid".
 > Do you have any more explicite hint regarding debugging techniques?
 > I just found to start Zope with -D option but I did not recognized any
 > more explicite logs or error messages.

I *never* search the archives or Zope.org for others.
This is not my problem; it is yours!

Dieter