[Zope] Rendering Dynamic Content

Bill Etheredge betheredge at mesa-grp.com
Fri Aug 29 07:28:51 EDT 2003

I am pretty novice at Zope and have a site in development (close to completion) that I have hit a roadblock on.  I am sure this is simple but I have not been able to get around it.

I am using ZPT and folders to define pages (for dynamic navigation).  Each page-defining folder contains a 'Content' folder with content objects that are rendered in macro-defined slots.  I only have a couple index_html page templates that are used for the entire site.  This is all working well.

However, I am having trouble rendering dynamic content using this architecture.  For instance, displaying the results of the Search function on the site needs to use my standard page template.  Also, I have a couple ZClass objects defined that I am using on the site that I can list without a problem, but I need to be able to display the ZClass instance 'content' when a visitor clicks on its displayed title.  It renders but I need guidance getting it to render in my ZPT 'content' slot.

Could someone provide some guidance / hints or give me a link to a 'how to'?

Thanks,

Bill Etheredge

The Mesa Group