[Zope] Security?

Dylan Reinhardt zope at dylanreinhardt.com
Mon Dec 1 11:42:31 EST 2003

On Mon, 2003-12-01 at 08:27, Goldthwaite, Joe wrote:
[much snipping]
> I tried making my module an external method but it also choked on the import
> mx.ODBC line.

I don't think Zope is your issue here.  If you can't import in an
external method, *nothing* you can do in Zope is likely to fix the
problem

If you can get a shell on this machine, fire up the correct version of
Python and try this import manually.  You may have a permissions problem
or some other issue with how the module is installed.  It's also
possible you may be importing the module incorrectly.

Once you've figured out *that* problem, an external method should work
fine or you may wish to code up this functionality as a Product.

HTH,

Dylan