[Zope] Security?

Dennis Allison allison at sumeru.stanford.EDU
Mon Dec 1 11:57:22 EST 2003

On Mon, 1 Dec 2003, Goldthwaite, Joe wrote:
[...]
> I had a routine that was producing an HTML representation of my Income
> Statement.  I worked it over so that it just returned the data in a list of
> line objects.  When I hooked that into Zope and tried to run it, I got the
> Zope Logon screen.  I traced it down to my use of the mx.ODBC module that
> I'm using to pull in the data.  If I take it out, I no longer get the login
> screen.

I suspect that you have a security/permissions problem.  Take a look at
the Security tab of the Zope root and ensure you (that is, your user) has
permission to access databases, etc.  I assume you have installed and are
using the appropriate database adaptor in Zope.  (If you are accessing the
database via your external method you need to remember that the
permissions need to reflect the user Zope is running as.)