[Zope] Naming conventions

Gabriel Genellina gagenellina at softlab.com.ar
Mon Dec 1 14:10:17 EST 2003

At 30/11/2003 19:59, you wrote:

>Well, in cases where we want to include a few small graphic files within
>Zope, I guess it will make sense to continue to name them in the
>traditional way, i.e., "picture.gif", to prevent problems with IE. It
>sounds like Python scripts can still refer those objects if they need to
>using gettatr(context,'picture.gif').

I prefer to strip file extensions, they are tied to a specific format which
is an implementation detail. I need a resource named 'logo' - if it's a
jpeg, a gif or svg should be irrelevant, and a *real* webserver should
decide which is the best one to return (if there were a choice).

Gabriel Genellina
Softlab SRL