[Zope] Naming conventions

Dylan Reinhardt zope at dylanreinhardt.com
Mon Dec 1 22:31:45 EST 2003

On Mon, 2003-12-01 at 18:10, Cynthia Kiser wrote:
> Quoting Gabriel Genellina <gagenellina at softlab.com.ar>:

> > >which
> > >
> > >All fine and dandy - but how do you tell your log analysis program
> > >which requests were for logos so that they can be excluded from your
> > >"page" count?
> >
> > Exclude 'logo'
>
> Excluding all the image files by name is not a very scalable
> solution for a site of any reasonable size - even given that one can
> play cute games with acquisition so that different images are returned
> depending on context of the page/page fragement.

If you have a need for images to have special names, one easy (and
scalable) solution is to use a special image folder (img, images, etc)
for all images.  Now images have an easy pattern to exclude.

Better yet, serve images from Apache where logging tools are far more
mature.  If you don't care how many image hits you get, you don't even
have to log them in the first place.

HTH,

Dylan