[Zope] refferencing a url from a script

J Cameron Cooper jccooper at jcameroncooper.com
Tue Dec 2 15:31:01 EST 2003

Matthew Thorley wrote:

>I was wondering how you refference a url from a python script either as a
>redierect or as a way of POSTing data. That is to say in one instance I want
>the page the user is view to be redierected to some url

Read the Zope online help docs and find the RESPONSE object's methods::

context.request.response.redirect(URL)

>and in the second
>instance I just want to POST some data something like url/post_method?TRUE=1.

If it's a Zope object in the same instance, you can do::

folder.post_method(TRUE=1)

where 'folder' is the container of that method. (If the method is in the
acquisition path, this is 'context'.) Otherwise, you're need to use the
Python urllib[2] in an ExternalMethod.

          --jcc

--
"Code generators follow the 80/20 rule. They solve most of the problems, but not all of the problems. There are always features and edge cases that will need hand-coding. Even if code generation could build 100 percent of the application, there will still be an endless supply of boring meetings about feature design."
(http://www.devx.com/java/editorial/15511)