[Zope] REQUEST.set question

Mark Ferguson mark.ferguson at newellandbudge.com
Wed Dec 3 07:06:55 EST 2003

I'm going through the code examples in the Zope Bible and I can't get the
following to
work:

I've created a Python(Script) called 'hello' with 'name' on the parameter
list and the following script body -
  return "Hello %s!" % name

and a DTML Document with -
  <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('name', 'John')">
  <dtml-var hello>

when I view the document I get
Error Type: TypeError
Error Value: hello() takes exactly 1 argument (0 given)

I understand that Zope should get the parameter from the REQUEST object
automagically for me but it doesn't seem to do that. Is it me, or the book?
Could someone shed some light on this.....

FYI, I'm using a binary release of Zope 2.6.1

Thanks,

Mark.