[Zope] My first question.

Goldthwaite, Joe joe at goldthwaites.com
Wed Dec 3 12:01:08 EST 2003

My first question got lost in all the discussion of the second.  I'm going
to repost it in hopes of getting lucky.

In order to keep my table headers consistent across reports, I have them
stored as a separate DTML method called IS_Ptd_Header.  In my main Income
Statement, I have this where I want the table header to show up;

This works fine.  The problem I've run into is when I want to use tal tags
in the IS_Ptd_header like this;

Income Statement for period <span tal:replace="request/Per">Period</span>

If I have this line in the Income Statement ZPT it works. I get the "Per"
parameter from the URL. When the same line in IS_Ptd_Header gets ignored
so the resulting page shows "Income Statement for period Period".  I
thought that maybe the tal tags were being ignored because IS_Ptd_Header
is a DTML method so I created a ZPT with the name IS_YTD_Header and used
that in the tal replace command but the result came back as HTML quoted
text instead of the actual HTML. Anyone know what I'm missing?

It doesn't look like ZPT is designed to work this way.  For my footer,
(for now) I just have the </table> tag to finish my table. The ZPT
gives me a mismatched tag error.  What's the best way to modularize
the web pages?

Thanks