[Zope] Serving file from the local file system

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Dec 3 14:29:15 EST 2003

J Cameron Cooper wrote at 2003-12-2 14:24 -0600:
 > >I am interested in serving files (such as index_dtml) from the local
 > >filesystem so that I can export that file system with nfs and allow multiple
 > >people to work with the file ect. I have tried two products LocalFS-0.10.1,
 > >and FSFolder-0-1-2. Neither product seems to do exactly what I want.
 > >
 > Look also at
 >
 > http://zope.org/Members/philikon/FileSystemSite
 > http://zope.org/Members/arielpartners/ExternalFile
 >
 > I'm not certain how these deal with changes to the file that don't
 > involve Zope.

When I understand "FileSystemSite" correct, it is based
on "CMFCore"s "FSObject". Such objects detect changes immediately
provided Zope is running in development mode ("-D" start option).

By the way, my "SkinnedFolder" may be of interest, too.
It will not solve the primary issue (templates and scripts
in the file system) but may facilitate access to them.

  <http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope>

--
Dieter