[Zope] passing context using expr="dtml_method()"?

John Withers jwithers at nautilus.org
Thu Dec 4 13:07:30 EST 2003

Folks,

Newbieish question.

When I am calling a dtml method using a dtml tag such as <dtml-var
mymethod> it appears to pass the namespace of the calling document.

However, when I am calling a dtml method using the expr syntax, such as
<dtml-var expr="mymethod()"> it doesn't.

For instance, a <dtml-var title_or_id> in the tag calling version will
pick up the title of the calling document, and in the expr syntax
version will not unless I explicitly pass the title_or_id variable as a
parameter to the call.

I am trying to organize a project into a semblance of order with
subfolders at this point, and it would be very handy to be able to pass
the calling document namespace wholesale to my dtml-methods, instead of
having to pass each variable the method is going to use explicitly. Is
there some simple way to do this that I am missing in the documentation?

Thanks.

--
John Withers <jwithers at nautilus.org>