Rv: Re: [Zope] delete catalog entry by rid

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Dec 4 16:12:41 EST 2003

Yurj wrote at 2003-12-4 10:08 -0100:
>> Carrer Yuri wrote at 2003-12-3 11:17 +0100:
>>  > I've the rid of an unexistent object in the catalog. How can I
>delete
>>  > the catalog entry by rid (record id)?
>>
>> "Update Catalog" in the catalog's "Advanced" tab
>should clean
>> the catalog from any object references that do not exist.
>

>With 6000 zclasses in it, it takes a lot of time. Last time it was 30
>minutes... :(

There is a HowTo about accessing ZODB objects from an interactive
Python interpreter. Search for "App get_transaction commit".

You can use this to explore and fix objects -- when you know
what you are doing ...
When you are not very careful, you can bring your Zope system
in an inconsistent state...

Anyway, you make a backup before you start the modification!

--
Dieter