[Zope] Returning database results similar to google search

Lyz at PrincessLeia.com Lyz at PrincessLeia.com
Fri Dec 5 15:12:51 EST 2003

I'm fairly new to Zope, I have been searching for a number of hours on
my most recent dilemma.

I have a database that's full of information I'd like to return. I
created a Z SQL method to select * from table, and using <dtml-in ...> I
can return all the results I need, but there are too many.

I'd like to only show 5 at a time, then have a links at the bottom so
you can jump to database results 1-5, 6-10, 11-15, etc (much like at the
bottom of a google results page). I need these links to be generated
dynamically (the database grows weekly), dependent on how many results I
have from the database. I have come up with a number of ideas, but they
are primarily "unsuccessful hacks" ...  is there a good "Zopeish way" I
can acomplish this, or at least point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

--
Elizabeth K. // Lyz at PrincessLeia.com
http://www.princessleia.com