[Zope] ZSQL unit testing with gadfly?

Terry Hancock hancock at anansispaceworks.com
Mon Dec 8 05:59:00 EST 2003

Well, I am continuing my learning process with the
unit-testing concept using ZopeTestCase.  I need to test a
product that in real-life uses a MySQL database connection,
managed entirely by ZSQL methods.

For unit-testing, I really should create a "toy" database.
I'm presently thinking that it would be smarter to use
Zope's built-in gadfly / ZGadflyDA support.

Has anyone else done this before?  Are there caveats
I should be aware of?  Is it an unsafe idea to test with
Gadfly, when I'm probably going to be using MySQL in
production?

Is there anything special about loading a DB connection
in ZTC?

Thanks,
Terry