[Zope] Re: zope 2.6.2-2 debian

Gabriel Wicke groups at gabrielwicke.de
Mon Dec 8 07:10:15 EST 2003

On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 12:24:46 -0500, John Griessen wrote:

> I am attempting to start zope 2.6.2-2 with
> zope-cmf       1.3.2-1
>  zopectl        0.2.6
>
> and get connection refused at http://localhost:9673
> root at toolbench:/etc/zopectl#  /etc/init.d/zope restart Restarting Zope
> instance default...
>  Waiting instances in late: default(0), done.

You need to do:

zopectl init default # initializes the instance in /var/lib/zope/instance
zopectl pcgi default # creates the pcgi socket
zopectl access default # creates the init-user access file
zopectl start default

'zopectl create' seems to be deprecated.

To add new instances:
copy /etc/zoepctl/default.conf to /etc/zopectl/myinstance.conf, edit ports
& change instance name to myinstance & do the same as above with
myinstance instead of default.

Cheers

Gabriel