[Zope] searching and serving large textfiles ~120 Mb

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Mon Dec 8 16:11:59 EST 2003

On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 08:24:56PM +0100, Stefan H. Holek wrote:
> FWIW, ExtFile only serves one chunk at a time and does not load the
> entire file into RAM. Don't know about LocalFS though.

It looks like every time you request a particular file from LocalFS,
it instantiates a fresh OFS.Image.File from the filesystem data.
For large files that seems likely to be expensive, but I haven't checked.
Once the File is created it will serve chunks as usual.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com