[Zope] location url

garry saddington garry at joydiv.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Dec 9 00:26:30 EST 2003

On Tuesday 09 December 2003 02:56, J. Cameron Cooper wrote:
> garry saddington wrote:
> >How can I set it so that the real location url of my Plone site is not
> > shown in the location bar of the browser but is replaced by something
> > else?
>
> In order of preference: You may set up RewriteRules however you like in
> an Apache in front of you Zope.

I don't have an Apache in front of my Zope so this one is ruled out.

 You can also use AccessRules and/or VHMs
> to do similar things. It is also possible to over-ride various methods
> to play tricks with object publishing. (If you don't know which,
> probably you shouldn't try.)

I asked the question because I want to try. If I had approached everything in
Zope with an attitude of 'well I don't know, so I won't try' I would not be
using it at all and I would hazard a guess that nobody else would either.
I have searched Zope.org extensively for pointers and when I drew a blank, I
naturally thought to ask on the list. A simple have a look at VHM would have
done instead of the patronising tone of your reply.
However, I now have an idea of where I can look for an answer, so I thank you
for the reply.
regards
garry