[Zope] Pyperl installation with ActivePython - still having problems

Gabriela López Ruiz glopezruiz at msn.com
Tue Dec 9 14:39:25 EST 2003

Hello,
I tried other way with ActivePython, I looks simpler but here is my history:
I’ve installed ActivePython 2.2.3 in my Zope server to prove the
compatibility between them and to prove the possibility of calling
AcrivePerl’s functions from Zope. I had to install 2.2.3 because Python
Package Manager is not included in version 2.3.2. So I have on question: Is
there any other module like pyppm in 2.3.2 which could be used to install a
module in ActivePython 2.3.2? I’ve been looking for pyperl module, but I
couldn’t find it in the PyPI Url. I’ve read Pyperl is the module which can
give me the possibility of calling  Perl from Python. I’ don’t know if there
is any other one.

On the other hand, I tried to use pyppm from my 2.2.3 installation, I’m
behind a firewall so I configured HTTP_proxy, HTTP_proxy_user and
HTTP_proxy_pass environment variables but I’m still having problems. I get
the following error when I type the command “pyppm install pyperl”:
PPM>install pyperl
Install package pyperl? (Y/n): y
Installing package 'pyperl'...

Connecting to SOAP server ActiveState Package Repository...

ERROR: (7, 'getaddrinfo failed')
>From the browser I can connect the SOAP server and I can download the
pyppmserver.pl but this is empty.
I don’t know what else I can do so I will be very thanked if someone can
give me a piece of advice.
Thanks in advance.
Gabriela.