[Zope] Re: [Zope-dev] ZOPE + SSL

Jamie Heilman jamie at audible.transient.net
Wed Dec 10 05:13:57 EST 2003

Illarramendi Amilibia, Aitor wrote:
> Hello all:
>
> Which is the best (or more used) solution at this moment for
> having Zope supporting SSL secure connections?
>
> ZOPE + Apache + Apache mod_ssl + openSSL + Virtual_Host
> (or similiar solution)?

Zope behind a gateway server capable of SSL is the most common, and
best solution.  Setting it up isn't any different from setting up a
virtual host behind a gateway server as documented in the Zope Book.
WRT the use of gateway HTTP servers being abnormal ... its not.
ZServer isn't a particularly robust or compliant HTTP 1.1 server, and
it needs to be protected by a gateway server which has taken those
things into account, but ZServer is adequate for acting as a
persistent front-end for your publishable data which is something too
specific to be handled by a gateway server like squid or apache.

Also, Please read the list charters[1] before you post to them to
ensure you use the right list for questions of this nature.

--
Jamie Heilman                     http://audible.transient.net/~jamie/
"I was in love once -- a Sinclair ZX-81.  People said, "No, Holly,