[Zope] acl_users in plone sub folders

J. Cameron Cooper jccooper at jcameroncooper.com
Wed Dec 10 14:40:23 EST 2003

Jon Pace wrote:

> I'd like to take advantage of Zope's ability to have separate
> acl_user folders in sub folders to manage security in Plone 2.0 RC2.
>
> I'ved tried adding acl_users in a sub folder but Plone doesn't seem to
> recognize the users.
>
> Anyone have any ideas on if and how this can work?
>
> Does anyone know of a good solution to give certain users full access
> to some folders but no access to others without creating a large
> administrative burden?

Plone, being portalish, probably isn't going to play nice with that
scheme. Some folks are working on sub-portals, but that's a "see it when
you see it" thing.

The answer is "local roles", which is available in the "sharing" tab in
Plone 2. Just make the default Member roles restrictive and create a new
role that is less so (or use an existing one, like Manager) and grant
this role via local roles.

          --jcc

--
"My point and period will be throughly wrought,
Or well or ill, as this day's battle's fought."