[Zope] Zope Dies Mysteriously After A Few Days. How Do I Investigate Zope's Death?

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Dec 10 14:43:27 EST 2003

Jonathan Mark wrote at 2003-12-10 08:46 -0800:
>What could be causing my Zope
>to die? How do I
>investigate it?

The first step is to activate Zope logging (--> "doc/LOGGING.txt")
and look into the log file.

Probably, after that, we will see that Zope dies from
a fatal signal (often "SIGSEGV").
Then you will need to ensure that core file can be written
(--> "ulimit -c" bash command) and look into the generated core
file (with a "C" debugger, e.g. "gdb").

When you got Python from a prebuild package, it may have lost
all symbol information (stripped). In this case, you
will need to rebuild Python from source and keep the symbol information.

--
Dieter