[Zope] any design patterns in building zope apps?

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Dec 12 15:04:53 EST 2003

harry_potter wrote at 2003-12-12 08:16 -0800:
>>From what I understand, Zope does encourage MVC
>framework by separating presentation, biz and data
>logic, e.g. PageTemplates, Products/ExternalMethods
>and ZSQL Methods(correct me if I'm wrong). Can we use
>PageTemplates in the form of Controller/DispatchView
>pattern? Can Products be used in BusinessDelegate/
>SessionFacade type of pattern?

Look at CMF/Plone:

  You use "ContentClasses" and "Types" for content -- this is your
  "model".

  You use PageTemplates for presentation -- this gives your "view"

  In Plone, you use the "FormControllerTool" ("portal_form") -- this
  gives you standardized "control".

You use "Tools" for basic infrastructure (skinning, workflow,
standardized control, ...) or aspects (discussability, syndication, ...).

--
Dieter