[Zope] help external method and security issue

Ruben Montejano rubemontejano at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 12 16:38:17 EST 2003

Hello,

   We are using a Python External Method to send a "post" request to a dtml-method in
python using the httplib library. But it's not working because of the security of the
method only allowes certain roles to access it.

 this is the code we are using:

        Args = urllib.urlencode(Args)
        Scheme, Host, Path, Parameters, Query, Frag = urlparse.urlparse(ActionUrl)

        Contact = httplib.HTTP(Host)
        Contact.putrequest( "POST", Path )
        Contact.putheader( "Content-type", "application/x-www-form-urlencoded" )
        Contact.putheader( "Content-length", "%d" %len(Args) )
        Contact.putheader( "Accept", "text/plain" )
        Contact.putheader( "Host", Host )
        Contact.endheaders()
        Contact.send( Args )

        Reply, Message, Headers = Contact.getreply()

        strOutput = Contact.getfile().read()

This is response we got from the server:

Reply = 302
Message = Moved Temporarily
Headers = Server: Zope/(Zope 2.6.1 (binary release, python 2.1, win32-x86), python 2.1.3, win32) ZServer/1.1b1