[Zope] Zope server frequently stops to respond without any error messages

Petter Holmström petter.holmstrom at abo.fi
Mon Dec 15 07:34:10 EST 2003

Hello everybody,

Our new Zope/Plone2 server is behaving really strangely. The server
can't stay up for more than a few seconds, then it will stop responding.
We've noticed that the best way to get the server to freeze is to open
plone with a webbrowser, and then rapidly click on two links so that the
first request isn't finished. Then the browser will wait and wait and
wait until a timeout is reached.

When we SSH into the server the python-processes are still running.
There are no entries in any of the error logs (including the operating
system logs). If we kill the python-processes, the webbrowser will
immediately respond with a "Connection Refused" message.

Have any of you experienced any similar things before? Any suggestions
on how we should track down the error are appreciated.

We're using Zope 2.6.2 / Plone 2.0 RC2 on an RedHat 9 box.

-Petter-

--
Petter Holmström
Civare, Åbo Akademi University