[Zope] Zope Requests - POST vs. GET

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Mon Dec 15 08:46:53 EST 2003

--On Montag, 15. Dezember 2003 14:36 Uhr +0100 Tino Wildenhain
<tino at wildenhain.de> wrote:

> Hi Andreas,
>
> Andreas Jung schrieb:
>> This a single REQUEST is either a POST or GET request there is no need
>> for this separation IMO. Everything's in the REQUEST.
>
> That's not entirely true. Sadly there is a design flaw in cgi.py
> which ignores GET variables still present when doing POST.
>
> The whole lib is a bit ugly so its not easy to fix it.
> And its even worser to fix if you want to achieve compatibility
> with current implementations.
>
> Should variables be merget? Get variables before POST
> or vice versa?

big hmmmmmmm :-) I don't have the CGI specs under my pillow and I am too
lazy
to read them but POST usually transmits the data in the body and GET in the
QUERY
strings. I have never (and needed) a usecase where both were mixed (if
allowed).

-aj