[Zope] Help on identification

Lennart Regebro regebro at nuxeo.com
Mon Dec 15 09:43:23 EST 2003

From: "Tiller, Michael (M.M.)" <mtiller at ford.com>
> This folder is quite generic.  Based on my reading of the "INTERNALS.txt"
> file, I would need to provide my own identification method (which would
fit
> pretty simply into this), the authentication would really do nothing and
the
> authorization should be based on local user data (information about roles)
> that would be maintained over and above our intranet
> indentification/authentication system.

Correct. I'm happy the brief documentation that exists was sufficient. :-)

> So this one is a possibility but a
> possibility with a perhaps steep learning curve and lots of coding.

Well, you need to leran how to make a Python product for Zope. But other
than that it would be quite easy, I think.

> This is along the lines of what I want, but it is going to require me to
> hack it a little bit in order to support our specific system.  I was
hoping
> for something that I might be able to configure "through the web".

Nope. As you noted, thiese things shouldn't be done through the web for
security purposes.

> I'll also look into how authentication is done with SSL since that is very
> similar to what we do.  Thanks.

The ApacheSSL plugin for pluggable userfolder does this together with
Apache. There Apache validates and unpacks the certificate, and passes the
data in REQUEST variables to Zope.

//Lennart