[Zope] Apache URhell

Matt Hamilton matth at netsight.co.uk
Mon Dec 15 10:40:32 EST 2003

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003, mh wrote:

> Argh ... I sorted it!
>
> The moral of the story is RTFM, but when you read, make sure what you
> read is what is actually written, not just what you think you read ...
>
> Next (newbie) question: Is it possible to use rsync with Zope, or is it
> just ftp?

It depends on what you want to do.  We use rsync here to keep a 'wrm'
standby server and for daily backups.  The main issue is trying to run
rsync against a server that is actively in use.  We use DirectoryStorage
and put the storage in snapshot state and then run the rsync (beware rsync
uses memory in proportion to the number of files to be copied,
DirectoryStorage can create a *lot* of files).  there is also repozo.py
which can copy an in-use Data.fs file, then you could use rsync against
that.  It would probably be fairly efficient as Data.fs is only appended
to (apart from when you pack it, when it is re-written).

-Matt

Matt Hamilton                                         matth at netsight.co.uk
Netsight Internet Solutions, Ltd.          Business Vision on the Internet
http://www.netsight.co.uk                               +44 (0)117 9090901
Web Hosting | Web Design  | Domain Names  |  Co-location  | DB Integration