[Zope] Re: Install problem of Debian package

Pieter Laeremans pieter at laeremans.org
Mon Dec 15 15:54:27 EST 2003

Sumiya Sakoda <sakoda at toyoake.or.jp> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I am using Zope Debian sid package, because I'd like to use Plone.
>
> Today, for other reason, I have to reconstruct Zope environent.
> Then, I tried installation by apt-get, but I found there is a
> problem of zope-formulator package. It says,
>
> postinst cannot determine the version of python used in
> /usr/sbin/zope-z2 ... please file a bug report.
>
> After that I get source package and rebuild by myself, but same problem
> still remains.
> I don't know much about Debian system so that I don't know this is a
> package problem or system problem.
>
> Does anyone help me?

Yes, If you look at the buglist for Zope-formulator you'll find a
solution.

<quote  original author= "Kurt Huwig <k.huwig at iku-ag.de>">
I got it working by editing /usr/sbin/zope-z2 and changing

	exec python2.2 -O /usr/lib/zope/z2.py $@

	exec /usr/bin/python2.2 -O /usr/lib/zope/z2.py $@

</quote>

It worked for me to.  So the problem can be solved relativly easy.

kind regards,

Pieter