[Zope] Remove (version) locked resource

Gabriel Genellina gagenellina at softlab.com.ar
Tue Dec 16 20:59:11 EST 2003

At 16/12/2003 09:15, you wrote:

>>Which Zope version? There was an horrible bug in FileStorage (fixed on
>>Zope 2.6.2): when committing a version, most objects belonging to it
>>remained locked, but the version itself was later unavailable.
>>If this is the case, unfortunately your Data.fs is corrupt, and I dont
>>know of any tool to repair it (should be a specific tool to repair this
>>problema, fsrecover won't do anything). You should upgrade your Zope
>>version and restore an old backup...
>>Then, don't use versions and save yourself a headache...
>
>Its repaireable - just export all objects and reimport
>them again in a clean Data.fs.

Are you sure? I had a similar problem and could not fix it with
export+import, but maybe it was an unrelated issue.
AFAIK, export uses the current version of objects (if any) and, as you
can't start working in the version, at most you would be able to export the
original content, but not the changes.

Gabriel Genellina
Softlab SRL