[Zope] Zope 2.6 traceback problems

Jesse D'Aguanno jesse at jjram.com
Wed Dec 17 18:36:45 EST 2003

Hello,

I recently moved a number of production servers from Zope 2.5.1 to 2.6.2, I'm
trying to figure out why the tracebacks are so different in the 2.6 tree. I do
know that error messages and tracebacks are now available in the /error_log
object (That took me a bit of mailing list archive digging :), but I'm
referring to the actual content of the tracebacks. In 2.5.1 my tracebacks would
tell me the actual zope object and most of the time the line number where zope
was encountering a problem. For example, if I have a dtml-document which runs a
number of SQLMethods and a number of PythonScripts and one of those SQLMethods
had an error, 2.5.1 would tell me the id of the exact zope object (eg.
SQLqueryblah) and line number where I had a problem, but zope 2.6.2's
tracebacks will only tell me that it encountered an error somewhere in the zope
plumbing, like the database adapter. Then I get to go through each and every
SQLMethod that is called on that page and determine which one has the error. As
you might imagine, this makes debugging a problem a much longer process and a
very frusterating one.
   If someone is familliar with this problem and can suggest a fix for it, that
would be very much appreciated. Even if someone just knows the reason for this
change, I would be much obliged.

Thank you very much for your time,

--
Jesse D'Aguanno