[Zope] passing a variable from one form to another

Kate Legere klegere at kfpl.ca
Fri Dec 19 16:08:01 EST 2003

I have a form that opens up, gets date and location from the user and then
calls an sql method to insert a row with those parameters into a table in
the database. It also pops open a persistant window with another form to
collect statistics from the user. This all works well.

The pop-up form calls a sql method and updates  the information in the row
created above.

I want to pass the date and location to the pop-up form so that the user
only has to select these the first time (I'll leave a cookie to remember).
How do I do this - I've been using REQUEST but don't seem to be finding the
right syntax.

Kate