[Zope] Accessing a file on a network drive

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sat Dec 20 06:27:05 EST 2003

Jørgen Larsen wrote at 2003-12-17 12:13 +0100:
>I'm trying to open a file from a windows network drive from a external
>python script in ZOPE:
>
>The operation looks like this:
>
>fh = Open('\\\\projects/subprojectname/sound/C01-1_FAS_01AS.wav','rb')
>
>I also tried:
>
>fh = Open('\\\\projects\\subprojectname\\sound\\C01-1_FAS_01AS.wav','rb')
>
>Both operation fails with this error:
> Error Type: IOError
> Error Value: [Errno 22] Invalid argument

I cannot help you with Windows specific problems (fortunately,
I need not to work with Windows).
But, I can assure you that an External Method behaves the
same as an external Python script
with respect to security and file access.

Thus, it cannot be Zope that causes access to fail.
Maybe, some other difference (other user, other file permissions, ...).

By the way: "IOError" comes directly from the operating system.
Somehow, your Windows is unhappy about the access to the network
file....

--
Dieter