[Zope] Restore database to certain date

Dennis Allison allison@sumeru.stanford.EDU
Sat, 1 Feb 2003 08:35:49 -0800

Jurgen Blurg <blurg@gluipzak.nl> wrote:

   Is is possible to restore my ZODB to a certain date?
   2 days ago I deleted my plone site, this side was residing in a directory.
   After that I did a lot on Zope, including stuff in this parent dir of the
   previous plone site.
   When I try to undo things, I often have undoable transaction errors, even
   when I start with the last ten transactions, I constantly get errors.

   Am I able to restore the database to state of a certain date?

Yes, provided you have not repacked the database.

Stop Zope, make backup copies, and so forth so you can return to the current
state if you need to.

Use the tools in the utilities/ZODB and/or lib/python/ZODB to examine
the database.  I've used fsrecover.py.  Determine the size of Data.fs at
the point you want to rollback to.  Use a utility (I used dd under linux)
to truncate Data.fs to that size.

Bring up Zope using the truncated Data.fs and you should be back in
business.