[Zope] getting info on permissions

Rocky Burt rocky.burt@bricsnet.com
Sat, 1 Feb 2003 14:38:45 -0500

I'm currently in need of some code (for debugging reasons) that will show
me what permissions are in affect for a give role in a given context.  It
needs to include acquired permissions as well.

I've looked around for some api calls to get me this info.  The closest thing
I've found is context.permissionsOfRole(myRole).  Unfortunately that only lists
permissions defined for that role on that context, not the acquired ones
as well.

Am I going to have to traverse the tree and figure out acquired permissions
myself? or is there an easier way?

- Rocky

Rocky Burt
Development, Director

Bricsnet FM Americas            -    office: +1 (603) 559-2527
53 Green St                     -    mobile: +1 (603) 512-9832
Portsmouth                      -    fax:    +1 (603) 436-5760
NH  03801  USA                  -    email:  rocky.burt@bricsnet.com