[Zope] Still can't get PIL working properly

Ed Leafe ed@leafe.com
Sun, 2 Feb 2003 11:55:02 -0500

On Sunday, February 2, 2003, at 11:19  AM, Magnus Heino wrote:

>> 	I've followed the document at
>> http://www.zope.org/Members/regebro/PIL_zope and gotten a lot of help
>
> Whats wrong with the README that comes with PIL?
>
> cd Imaging-1.1.3
> cd libImaging
> ./configure
> make
> cd ..
> /path/to/python/that/zope/use/python setup.py install

	Sorry, I had forgotten to mention that that was the first thing I
tried a couple of months ago. When I got stuck then, a few people
pointed me to the web page I noted above. That got me farther, but
still not quite there.

	Just on a hunch, however, I tried deleting all the PIL stuff from my
Zope directories, and rebuilding all the PIL stuff again, but using the
modifications from the "Using PIL with Zope" page. Then, instead of
copying the files as the page suggested, I ran setup.py as you
suggested. Now things seem to be working!

	Perhaps Lennart Regebro might want to update his instructions to
reflect this, rather than the current instruction to simply copy the
files to the Zope directory.

      ___/
     /
    __/