[Zope] Running Python Scripts via the Management Interface

Geir Bækholt Geir Bækholt <geirh@funcom.com>
Mon, 3 Feb 2003 14:09:19 +0100

on or about, Monday, February 03, 2003, we have reason to believe that Asad=
 Habib wrote
something along the lines of :
> Hello. Does anyone know why the following script
> stalls when I run it in Zope's Management Interface
> using the 'Test' command=3F=20

> context.manage_addProperty(propertyId, propertyValue,
> propertyType)

> All it does is add a property to a folder. The script
> does function properly and doesn't stall when I access
> it from a DTML method. However, it stalls when I run
> it directly. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

it most probably doesn't stall, it just doesn't return anything to the
browser , so it has no response to display ..

try something like this:

context.manage_addProperty(propertyId, propertyValue, propertyType)
return "done"

:)

--=20
Geir B=E6kholt        geir@funcom.com