[Zope] Stopping zope??

Ben Avery ben@thesite.org
Mon, 03 Feb 2003 17:05:27 +0000

pull the plug ;)

I've had this happen, that the process id (pid) in the var/Z2.pid file
isn't the one currently running the Zope process.
to find the real id, enter:
ps -ef | grep z2

and - inshallah - you'll see some process information saying something like:
zope   370     1  0   Feb 01 ?        0:00 /usr/local/bin/python
/opt/zope/z2.py -D
    zope   374   370  0   Feb 01 ?        0:20 /usr/local/bin/python
/opt/zope/z2.py -D

these are the two zope processes I get. the top one is the parent
process, the bottom one the child (I think!). the second column in - the
first number, is the process ID, so I'd type:
kill 370
which should get the parent and the child. my sysadmin knowledge is
looking very threadbare here, maybe you'll need to kill the child also:
kill 374

this should shut down your Zope.

could/would anyone shed light on why there are two processes, and why
sometimes the pid in Z2 isn't the one running Zope, so ./stop fails?

Ben