[Zope] Newbie question on features/comparision

Steven ssmith@mustang1965.com
Mon, 03 Feb 2003 18:03:18 -0500

I'm trying to look for a CMS product for a non-profit organization I work
for. In doing so I discovered Zope. I think with the CMS part added on it
looks to be a good product. When trying to look for articles about Zope in
search engines I found the product 'Easy Publisher'
http://www.easypublisher.com/ From looking at their site they say they use
Zope for the base product. I was wondering if anyone on this Zope list
knows about this other product and could give me a quick comparison of
differences I might find from using easypublisher or just loading Zope and
CMS add-on. I'm thinking I can accomplish most the features of
easypublisher with  just having Zope. That I'll probably have to add my own
templates and things on the site anyway, so I won't gain much.

I don't know Python programming, but need to some dynamic drop down menus
(java script I thought) and a few other dynamic things that would
automatically change as I added more sub-directories or more web pages. In
other words if I added a part of the site called "Ministries", this new
area would automatically appear as a link in some dynamic drop down menu. I
figured I will be building these templates for my navigation header frame
and side frame, no matter which product I choose. Unless someone knows that
a part of easypublisher already does this OR maybe a ZOPE addin already
offer this.

I'm loading both products onto my Redhat box tonight. So I'll do some real
testing tomorrow, but making this posting I'm hoping will get me more
information than I can find in a few days of testing.

Thanks,
Steven Smith