[Zope] checking existance of an url?

Ralph Gauges ralph.gauges@eml.villa-bosch.de
Tue, 4 Feb 2003 09:45:16 +0100

On Mon, 03 Feb 2003 17:56:03 +0100
"Stefan H. Holek" <stefan@epy.co.at> wrote:

> I believe you are looking for 'restrictedTraverse'
>
> Stefan

I don't know, do I?
Just kidding, I already looked at restrictedTraverse, but it sais that you traverse the path from the object on which the method was called. This sounds like path would have to be a relative path and not a full URL. What I have is the full URL like http://...
OK, I could lea the protocol and the server which would leave an absolute path. But I would have to convert that to a relative path right? Actually I was trying to get around converting the absolute path to a relative path, but that doesn't seem possible.