[Zope] Cannot get file listing via Zope FTP on Windows 2000 Server

Michael LaPera michael@lapera.com
Tue, 4 Feb 2003 14:23:49 -0500

Hello,

I have been developing a project for a client with Zope 2.6 /CMF
1.3/Plone 1 RC2  on Unix systems with no problems.  It came time to
move the project over to the clients Windows 2000 server (using the
Plone 1.0 RC2 installer) and everything went fairly smoothly, but I
can't seem to FTP to Zope (and I depend rather heavily on my FTP/Text
editor).

According to my FTP log my FTP clients can login just fine, but cannot
get a file listing. I get a dialog that says "Connection refused
(ECONNREFUSEDErr) (-3260)".  The user that I am logging in as has Full
access to the entire site.  There IT staff is redirecting traffic from
an external IP address to an internal IP address (they assure me that
there is no port filtering/fire-walling going on).  I have tried active
and passive ftp.  The port is set to 8021. I can see the port from my
machine.

Thanks,
Michael

Here is a log of my FTP transaction:

220 webserver FTP server (Medusa Async V1.21 [experimental]) ready.
USER xxxxxxx
331 Password required.
PASS ******************************
230 Login successful.
PWD
257 "/" is the current directory.
MACB E
500 'MACB': command not understood.
TYPE A
200 Type set to ASCII.
PASV
227 Entering Passive Mode (xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xx,xxx)
LIST
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for file list
QUIT