[Zope] How to get permissions of a role?

Lars Heber Lars.Heber@t-systems.com
Wed, 05 Feb 2003 18:57:24 +0100

Hello list,

I've been digging in the list and in the sources for hours and days now,
but I cannot find a solution - so, please help me out:

I need to find out what permissions a role has. But I need the acquired
permissions as well, so "permissionsOfRole('Owner')" doesn't work!

Using getPermissions on the user object doesn't help because the user
doesn't necessarily have the desired role.
BTW: Is it wanted or a bug that Taking Ownership doesn't mean to get the
local role "Owner"?

I found a method "getRoles" in AccessControl/Permission.py which could
perhaps suit my needs, but I don't know how to access it via
PythonScript or DTML.

Could anyone put me into the right direction, please?

TIA.

--
Lars Heber

T-Systems GEI GmbH
Hausanschrift: Clausstrasse 3, 09126 Chemnitz
Postanschrift: Clausstrasse 3, 09126 Chemnitz
Telefon : (+49 371) 5359-271
Fax     : (+49 371) 5359-133
E-Mail  : Lars.Heber@t-systems.com
Internet: http://www.t-systems.de