[Zope] Zope architecture diagram?

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 12:43:10 -0800

I have often wanted a diagram I could show to other developers
(and to myself, I confess)
that's more detailed than http://www.zope.org/ZopeArchitecture .
"Zope Core" is nice and abstract, but not helpful when I'm
looking at the zope source and wondering "Who handles

Today I came across http://www.zope.org/Members/SolKarma/ZEfive
which is more detailed, but is also
inaccurate on at least 3 points I spotted right away:

* the ZODB knows nothing at all about Acquisition; AFAIK
acquisition is handled at the Product level.

* unpickling has nothing at all to do with compression,
it has only to do with object persistence.

* it's the ZODB, not ZPublisher, that pickles and unpickles things.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com