[Zope] disutils win32 2.6.1b2 setup.py layout questions

Jeff Kowalczyk jtk@yahoo.com
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 12:45:00 -0500

I want to create a Zope 2.6.1b2 instance running on Python 2.2.2, and one amenable to
building C extensions found in various add-on products. I downloaded the source tarball
and was impressed by how well it compiled using distutils (I have VS.NET on this machine,
so cl.exe is readily available).

Can I solicit some advice on layout parameters to the setup.py script? I don't fully know
what the three parameters imply yet, and my first attempt piled a ton of files in the root
of the source dir:

C:\Program Files\Python\   (Python 2.2.2, default python win32_all and other add-ons
installed)

C:\Program Files\Zope261b2>python setup.py install
--home=C:\Progra~1\Zope261b2
--install-platlib=C:\Progra~1\Zope261b2
--install-purelib=C:\Progra~1\Zope261b2

What I'm seeking is a Zope laid out with similarity as appropriate to the win32 binary
distribution, except using the python in C:\Progra~1\Python\ for all non-zope libraries.
After the build is done, I'll get to work on setting up a ZEO2 local server, local client
setup that uses the resultant layout for instance_home and software_home, another topic
I'll need some tips on. Thanks for any advice.

C:\Program Files\Zope261b2
(no \bin, I presume)
 doc
 Extensions