[Zope] Trouble

AM list_subscriber@neurobs.com
Fri, 07 Feb 2003 09:54:54 -0800

If you have all  those files it should work ...

from INSTANCE_HOME/lib/python/Persistence/: __init__.py:

"""Provide access to Persistent and PersistentMapping

This avoids dependency on the database package name.

While obviously there is nothing in this module, the correct names are
inserted by the __init__.py in ZODB, jumpstarting the process.
"""

So it automagically inserts the name in the required namespace.

Beyond that meybe somebody who knows more about this might be able to help.

AM

Stefano Gualandi wrote:

> AM wrote:
>
>> There should be folder called Persistence in
>> INSTANCE_HOME/lib/python. Also there should be related files in
>> INSTANCE_HOME/lib/python/App and INSTANCE_HOME/lib/python/ZODB
>

> This are the files I have:
>
> INSTANCE_HOME/lib/python/Persistence/: __init__.py __init__.pyc
>
> INSTANCE_HOME/lib/python/App/: ... PersistentExtra.py
> PersistentExtra.pyc ...
>
> INSTANCE_HOME/lib/python/ZOBD/: ... PersistentList.py
> PersistentList.pyc PersitentMapping.py PersitentMapping.pyc
> cPersistence.c cPersistence.h cPersistence.so ...
>

> but there is not trace of a file or module Persistent.py!
>
> Stefano
>

>> hth
>> AM
>>
>> Stefano Gualandi wrote:
>>
>>> Hello!
>>> I didn't find the right place where to write this message, but I got
>>> the following problem after having installed zope 2.6.1b2:
>>>
>>> ----------------------------
>>> Site Error
>>>
>>> An error was encountered while publishing this resource.
>>>
>>> exceptions.ImportError
>>> Sorry, a site error occurred.
>>>
>>> Traceback (innermost last):
>>>
>>>     * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 150, in publish_module
>>>     * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 57, in publish
>>>     * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 208, in get_module_info
>>>     * Module Main, line 30, in ?
>>>     * Module Globals, line 23, in ?
>>>     * Module App.PersistentExtra, line 15, in ?
>>>
>>> ImportError: (<class exceptions.ImportError at 0x80cfdd4>, 'cannot
>>> import name Persistent')
>>> ------------------------------
>>>
>>> I have the following:
>>>
>>> Python 2.1 debian package
>>> Apache_1.3.27+OpenSSL_0.9.7+ModSSL_2.8.12
>>>
>>> I had a look at the code: it demand for a Persitent module, but I
>>> didn/t find any Persitent.py file: is it normal?
>>>
>>> thanks in advance,
>>> Stefano

>>> Catholic University of Louvain
>>> Department of Computing Science and Engineering
>>> Place Sainte Barbe, 2
>>> B-1348 Louvain/la/Neuve, Belgium
>>> Phone:   +32 10 47 90 13
>>> Fax:     +32 10 45 03 45

 Aseem Mohanty
 Neurobehavioral Systems Inc, 828 San Pablo Ave, Albany, CA 94706
 (R) 510 7696011 (M) 510 3014871 (O) 510 5279231
 "I saw `cout' being shifted "Hello world" times to the left and
  stopped right there!!"                        -- Steve Gonedes