[Zope] Re: AW: [Zope-CMF] changing default members folder

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sat, 8 Feb 2003 11:29:38 +0100

Stefan Guericke wrote at 2003-2-5 08:55 +0100:
 > > Can my "Reference" product help you?
 > >
 > > Be careful: When you have your members defined in the "acl_user"
 > > inside the portal, then they will be unable to access non-public
 > > objects outside the portal.
 >
 > do u have a link to this product please?
Do you know Google?

  It will help you in many similar circumstances....

For the current circumstance, you can look at:

  <http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope>

 > does this product allows the cmf to
 > use a folder outside the portal as member-folder?
 > the users of the portal are defined in the root folder of zope because my
 > company wants to store the data of each "member" outside the port.
In principle, it does.

However, you may need some fiddling with CMF specific roles and permissions.
It is quite likely, that you must define the CMF roles sufficiently
up in the hierarchy such that they are known in your members folder.
(Of course, this assumes, the roles-permission mapping needs no change
across portals (in case you have several sharing on "Members" folder)).

In case, the "Members" folder can be acquired and has name "Members",
it might be sufficient to just delete the "Members" in your portal
(this would mean, you do not need an additional product).

Dieter

PS: Please stay on the list.