[Zope] login to edit ZWiki

Streph Treadway sbt@ginkwunk.net
Sat, 8 Feb 2003 14:12:11 -0500

Hi, all,

This is assuredly a quite trivial question, but I haven't found the
answer in my looks through the documentation and list archives.

I am VERY new to zope (about 20 hours).  I am interested in setting up a
wiki that may be viewed by all users but edited only by a group of
authenticated users, my students.  This security policy is very easy to
arrange using roles.  According to the Zope Book, zope will
prompt for authentication when an annonymous user requests a resource
for which he is not authorized.  Under the security policy I have
defined, the default ZWiki footer's edit and comment links only
appear when viewed by an authenticated user, so a student who enters the
wiki at the FrontPage will never be prompted for login and will not be
able to edit the wiki.  I realize this may be dealt with by rewriting
the ZWiki footer, but I am hoping there is a simple out-of-the-box
solution.  Perhaps a quick way to add a link to the authentication
prompt.

I am running zope 2.5.1 with ZWiki 0.9.8 on a Debian Woody (Linux 2.4) machine.

Thanks for your help.

Streph