[Zope] Permissions for manage_delObject

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sat, 8 Feb 2003 19:53:03 +0100

Edward Pollard wrote at 2003-2-7 11:30 -0700:
 > I have a folder in zope. In it are a bunch of subfolders with webpages,
 > and scripts to run some web interface tools we are developing. The tools
 > are run in each of the subfolders using inheritance.
 >
 > eg.
 > /www/webManager (web interface to the file system)
 > /www/deleteFiles (script to delete files)
 > /www/finance/ (finance pages go here)
 > /www/it/ (info tech pages go here)
 >
 > Now, it used to work just fine. Then something breaks.
 >
 > What Doesn't Work:
 > I go to /www/it/webManager. Select some files to delete. Click delete.
 > /www/it/deleteFiles is called. I get a login prompt, but no accout is
 > accepted. Even my "god" account with Manager/Owner at Root.
 >
 > Error Type: Unauthorized
 > Error Value: You are not allowed to access manage_delObjects in this
 > context
Interesting....

Some ideas:

  *  maybe the "owner" of "deleteFiles" is broken. Check its ownership.
     "deleteFiles" permissions are the intersection of its owner's
     permissions and the current user's permissions.

  *  relevant is the "Delete objects" permission on the container
     and not the object to be deleted

Dieter