[Zope] Two Zopes, Two Domains

Mark McEahern marklists@mceahern.com
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 13:30:10 -0600

[Ken Dobruskin]
> Is it possible to run two Zopes - on ports 80 and 8080 - each
> with its own IP address (and domain name)? I may be wrong, but I
> don't believe the DNS is interested in port numbers...

Take a look at Z2.py's parameter list.

> Just ask and I'll tell you why... I'll spare you for now!

Presumably, to have a separate Products database for each?

Fwiw, the chrism-install-branch of Zope, which will bring "./configure;
make; make install" style installation to Zope, apache-style configuration
(think zope.conf), and better support for INSTANCE_HOME setups--is probably
something you'll be keen on seeing finally merged into the Zope trunk.
<wink>

cheers,

// m

-