[Zope] --Can't build Oracle connector for Oracle 91 on Solaris 9--

Vikram Dham vdham@vt.edu
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 22:12:02 -0500

Hello,

Has anyone tried to use Zope Oracle Database Adapter with Oracle 9i ? I am
trying to build the source of DCOracle2 on Solaris 9 for Oracle 9i but the
build fails giving me an error that it can't find the library files
"common","core4","nlsrtl3". While installing Oracle I got no errors but I
cant see these library files on my server. I have enclosed the output of the
make command. I would appreciate any pointers / suggestions on this.

Waiting eagerly for positive reply,

Vikram

-----------------------
# /usr/local/bin/make
(cd src; \
cp -p Setup.in Setup )
( cd src; \
/usr/local/bin/make || ./builderrors)
make[1]: Entering directory `/opt/DCOracle2/src'
gcc -shared  ./dco2.o  -L/home/oracle/OraHome/lib/ -lclntsh -lcommon -lcore4
lsrtl3 -R /home/oracle/OraHome/lib  -o ./dco2.so
ld: fatal: library -lcommon: not found
ld: fatal: library -lcore4: not found
ld: fatal: library -lnlsrtl3: not found
ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to ./dco2.so
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [dco2.so] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/DCOracle2/src'
                ---------------------------------------
There were errors building the dco2 module.  This could be because of a
coding error in the dco2 module, or because your Oracle environment is
not set up properly.  Please double check that your Oracle environment is
properly established, and that the proper header files exist (e.g.
$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/demo/*.h).

If you still have problems, check for updates to DCOracle2 on

        http://www.zope.org

or check out the mailing list archives.  You may also try inquiring on
the mailing list "zope@zope.org".

Please note that the support address "support@digicool.com" is for
Digital Creation's paid support customers only.  Information about obtaining
paid support is available at

        http://www.digicool.com/Solutions/Support/

make: *** [src/dco2.so] Error 1