[Zope] ZSyncer over HTTPS via Apache

Ben Avery ben@thesite.org
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 11:34:01 +0000

hi,

I'm about to put a system into production, and will continue to update
the live site with ZSyncer. But I can't seem to get it to work behind an
Apache 1.3.27 server running HTTPS using rewite rules.
This is Zope 2.6.0, with Python 2.1.3 running on Solaris 8.

When I try to sync, I get the following error:

~~~
  There was a problem with that comparison.

Error:

     * ProtocolError
     * <ProtocolError for 195.194.49.2:443/ZSync_Global: 404 Not Found>

Things to check:

     * Your destination ZSyncer is where it is meant to be.
     * The destination server is running and accessible.
     * The user "" has the right to access ZSyncer.
     * The password for "" is correct.
~~~

it uses the same username and password as the development server, so
that's not the problem. And I know that the Zsyncer server is working,
as I can connect to it over HTTP, bypassing the Apache server. This
won't be possible when the service is made live.

Could anyone suggest what the problem is, or a solution?

TIA

Ben Avery